Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
September 28, 2020, 10:41:24 am

Author Topic: [Release] Basic Nametags  (Read 32799 times)

adam1305_

• View Profile
Re: [Release] Basic Nametags
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2015, 12:42:34 pm »
I have this script on my server, but I'm editing it so it uses GameRender for the tags and PostRender for the blips. The tags don't seem to be visible unless you are looking from underneath the player. If you understand what I just said, do you know a way around this?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 12:44:50 pm by adam1305_ »

DaAlpha

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
I am quite sure this is due to the behavior of GameRender in combination with 2D rendering. It seems to put 2D rendering behind literally anything but the horizon in the 3D world. GameRender was intended to be used with 3D rendering so you would have to code/modify a nametags script that draws in 3D in order to make this work.

However from my experience, this would not be worth it because you would have to use a Transform3 for every player on the screen in order to get the rotation of the nametag right. What I have experienced though is that Transform3s tend to be quite resource demanding when used in big amounts, so if you are in an area with lots of people, you would get decent framedrops.

adam1305_

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »
I am quite sure this is due to the behavior of GameRender in combination with 2D rendering. It seems to put 2D rendering behind literally anything but the horizon in the 3D world. GameRender was intended to be used with 3D rendering so you would have to code/modify a nametags script that draws in 3D in order to make this work.

However from my experience, this would not be worth it because you would have to use a Transform3 for every player on the screen in order to get the rotation of the nametag right. What I have experienced though is that Transform3s tend to be quite resource demanding when used in big amounts, so if you are in an area with lots of people, you would get decent framedrops.

Oh right. I guess I'll just leave it if its intensive. Thanks anyway, DaAlpha :)

-ThePanda

DaAlpha

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2015, 02:13:15 am »
I just pushed the latest update to GitHub. Basically, I just switched from broadcasting a table to setting the position as network value.

I also did a photo shooting session with a friend to get a few screenshots in here (thanks to Fkids for the suggestion).

@Philpax

Thanks for the suggestion to put the minimap blip rendering all into one loop but I left it separated for now because I find it quite important to have blips for streamed players even if the global blips are disabled. This would have made this minimap draw merging more complicated than it should have been in the end so I just stuck with the way it was before.