Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 19, 2019, 05:42:31 am

Author Topic: How to manage dedicated linux server?  (Read 1316 times)

bnelson333

• View Profile
How to manage dedicated linux server?
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:18:30 pm »
Hi all, just discovered this game a few days ago and knew I wanted to create a server for our family to play on. I have a dedicated (turnkey) linux box that doesn't have a gui, it just runs command line.

Anyway, I got the server installed and it's all working great. It is setup to start on startup (using su jcmp) and then it works. I got scripts and everything working as well.

The only problem I have is, I have no way to administer the server. The "right" way is to launch the server using screen, but that doesn't work in my environment, since it starts on server bootup.

How do I login to change things, like kick users, etc. Is there a way to op a user? That sort of thing. I can putty into the linux box and issue commands, but I don't know how to talk to the jcmp server in that regard, without having screen showing me.

gim

• View Profile
Re: How to manage dedicated linux server?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:08:23 am »
> The "right" way is to launch the server using screen, but that doesn't work in my environment, since it starts on server bootup.

I don't really get that part. How does Screen startup on boot prevents you from connecting to it afterwards? Check out my my script (https://www.jc-mp.com/forums/index.php/topic,5368.0.html), it allows you to manage your server and send text directly to the server console (so you can send any command to it).