Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

5 months ago

October 18, 2017, 04:10:52 am

Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 23154 times)

JasonMRC

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 06:55:19 pm »
Nice!

Any chance we'll be able to reuse aspects of our JC2-MP scripts in JC3-MP? Is the coding still LUA?

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2015, 06:57:22 pm »
Wow, that was really quick.  A lot quicker than JC2MP.  Awesome work, guys!  Now I'll have to buy the game at some sale and hope that my computer can run it (I've heard many poor things about the graphics).

Can I safely assume that the scripting language will again be Lua?

Ahrotahntee

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2015, 07:20:43 pm »
Nice!

Any chance we'll be able to reuse aspects of our JC2-MP scripts in JC3-MP? Is the coding still LUA?

I wouldn't rely on it. They haven't talked about their plans regarding portability yet. Plan for worst-case scenario.

Fire-Storm

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 07:43:25 pm »
To celebrate 2015's passing lets blow up as many things as possible on JC3 and JC2MP at once, Light up the sky!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 07:46:07 pm by Fire-Storm »

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 08:13:02 pm »
Progress looks promising, I'm so happy you guys chose to undertake jc3-mp.
I saw that other team who are trying to do jc3mp, but I'm so happy it's gonna be you guys because I know it'll be done right  :)

[DMG]SLIVER

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2015, 08:44:11 pm »
Amazing job! But now, you're making me MORE broke after the holidays because I'll have to go buy 2 copies of this game now lol. (1 for me and 1 for my girl-yes, I have a woman that games with me; I know it's awesome...be jealous) Anyways, for this mod I'll definitely spend the $120 for 2 copies lol.

Can I please make one request though:
Extensive/proper documentation on the API from the get-go this time please.

It would be so awesome to set everything up and then open a page on how to add objects and such. I had to hunt and search for it last time. Also an in-game-object listing page via API is also very handy as well.

Again, GREAT WORK guys and congratulations!!! Cannot WAIT to lose my mind in this mod!

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2015, 09:13:58 pm »
for this mod I'll definitely spend the $120
Donation button top right if you wanna support the mod developers as well as the game makers :D

Primey0

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2015, 09:18:31 pm »
Did the denuvo anti tamper DRM hinder you at all when developing this?

Castillo

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2016, 12:10:35 am »
Well, this is great news, but does it mean JC2-MP is now paused/cancelled?

Can I please make one request though:
Extensive/proper documentation on the API from the get-go this time please.

It would be so awesome to set everything up and then open a page on how to add objects and such. I had to hunt and search for it last time. Also an in-game-object listing page via API is also very handy as well.

I do hope this time we get proper documenation, this was one of the reasons I stopped working on new scripts.

Alberto123

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2016, 01:53:16 am »
Looks great!
And it appears as though you will be having some competition.
The GTAMP team is now working on a JC3 multiplayer mod due to their GTA V mod being shutdown.

Good luck and great work so far!

[DMG]SLIVER

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2016, 02:51:56 am »
The GTAMP team is now working on a JC3 multiplayer mod due to their GTA V mod being shutdown.

Well, I know that I'll be sticking with the JCMP team's mod because I trust their work and they have a reputation that extends all the way to the Just Cause developers. So much so that the aforementioned developers have adjusted their business model(s) to accommodate the JCMP team and their work. No offense to the GTAMP team, I'm sure their a bunch of great folks and all, but if they want to contribute, they shouldn't compete with the JCMP team. They should host servers or create mods for us to enjoy; if they're really lucky they could ask JCMP very politely for a spot on the team too LOL. Seriously though, dependable servers and complex + stable mods are always welcomed by this community.

Just my $0.02 though.

xESWxDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2016, 05:10:17 am »
Any chance you guys are looking for an extra dev?

Trap

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2016, 01:34:39 pm »
Having another team like the GTAMP team creating another mod besides JC3-MP will just divide the number of players! Maybe team up maybe servers could support both Lua and C# or whatever the coding language GTAMP uses

M1crobra1n

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2016, 04:19:19 pm »
Amazing job! But now, you're making me MORE broke after the holidays because I'll have to go buy 2 copies of this game now lol. (1 for me and 1 for my girl-yes, I have a woman that games with me; I know it's awesome...be jealous) Anyways, for this mod I'll definitely spend the $120 for 2 copies lol.

Why not buy the JC3 from online ?
http://www.kinguin.net/category/22437/just-cause-3-steam-cd-key/
Under $40 for a game and you save 40 like that.

Just_Crash_2

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2016, 09:57:41 pm »
Having another team like the GTAMP team creating another mod besides JC3-MP will just divide the number of players! Maybe team up maybe servers could support both Lua and C# or whatever the coding language GTAMP uses

We are probably going to end up with a SA:MP/MTA:SA situation in Just Cause 3 and no good community multiplayer in GTA V. It makes me a bit sad.