Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
July 19, 2019, 05:41:38 am

Author Topic: Avatar Wall  (Read 1978 times)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« on: January 14, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
Come visit Avatar Wall on Gaveroid's JCMP Server. Shows the avatar of all online players along with name in the players color.  Simple yet cool.

Thanks to SinisterRectus for distance calculations help and SK83RJOSH for showing me how to do the images.

jc-mp.gaveroid.com:7777
192.3.26.173:7777

LordNoob

• View Profile
Re: Avatar Wall
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:47:49 pm »
It's all fun and games until people realize they can set anything as their avatar :P

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »
So true, already had some joker using naked ladies XD you can see it in the middle of this shot, carefully hidden by a post. Way to get yourself banned and reported to Steam.

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 07:53:28 pm »
Perhaps it would be an idea to create a report command, which sends avatars and playernames to you for manual review.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 11:19:08 pm »
Perhaps it would be an idea to create a report command, which sends avatars and playernames to you for manual review.

Good idea. There is a way to convert images to base64. So i could pop the report in the DB then access them anytime i want for review. Kind of hesitant to touch this script any further, converting images to models produces a lot of client crashes, I had the avatars sorted and displayed in order of connection time but more often than not the client did not like it and crashed every players game, so i reverted back to no sorting.

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 12:06:52 am »
Good idea. There is a way to convert images to base64

There is? I can't see one.

Seems to me you'd have to loop through the pixel co-ordinates and make your own image on the client using Sample. Or make your own script that fetches avatars in Base64 (I think I made something similar before 0.2)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 05:09:18 pm »
Because of Avatar Wall refusing to cooperate and play nicely in the city i have moved it to a deserted island. More than likely the problem with running the script in the city is my coding but rather than faff around troubleshooting i decided to relocate.