Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
June 02, 2020, 04:49:09 am

Author Topic: Server browser and featured bullet list  (Read 2417 times)

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
Server browser and featured bullet list
« on: July 22, 2016, 11:32:02 am »
For the past couple of months i have been experiencing an issue with the server browser and featured bullet list in JC2MP. The only way to temporarily fix this is to turn my cable modem on and off. What is happening is that the server browser does not always show all the servers available and when i hit refresh on the internet tab i will get a different list of servers each time. The bullet featured list begins to shrink, 4 bullets, three, two and then eventually none will show until i reboot my modem. This happens over the course of a day or two.

I am located on the east coast of the USA. I am using a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 router along with an Arris SB6190 cable modem, I have extremely fast internet service which apart form JC2MP seems to be working flawlessly for everything else. I made no changes of any kind when the started to happen. Thank you.

SinisterRectus

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Server browser and featured bullet list
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 04:29:17 pm »
This isn't a fix, but out of curiosity, instead of restarting your modem, if you enter into a command prompt "/ipconfig release" then "/ipconfig renew", do you get the same result?

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:54:48 pm »
thank you for replying. Yes, already done that, same result.

Jman100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 11:43:00 pm »
There's always been some funky communication between jcmp's browser and especially the featured/favorites, and the destination server. Cloudflare is involved, I believe, and it just gets wacky sometimes.

For reference, you can type reload_menu in the client console to refresh the main menu. Other than that, I also have the main menu missing things sometimes, but not the server browser. I don't know of any other fix for that.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 06:23:27 am »
Cheers for the info. Like i mentioned before never had a problem up until about a month or two ago.