Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

6 months ago

November 23, 2017, 05:36:13 pm

Author Topic: Thank you, SubZer0  (Read 6119 times)

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
Thank you, SubZer0
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:37:09 pm »
The Just Cause community has lost one of its own. With heavy hearts, we recently learned that SubZer0, a member of the community known for his immense passion and community roadtrips, has passed away. SubZer0 joined us early on in the days of JC2-MP, and never shied to share his passion for gaming with the community to create truly memorable experiences.

His legacy lives on through PAROFED, a community of fellow passionate players who will be feeling the loss of a dear friend.

Thank you for everything, SubZer0. Your legacy will be remembered.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 01:51:39 pm by Trix »

dab88

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you, SubZer0
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 02:22:42 pm »
SubZer0 was well liked throughout the Just Cause community and enriched many peoples experiences within the game. I'd like to invite everybody to share their stories of SubZer0 so that we can come to terms with this great loss, move on and maybe learn something from the experience.

My heart goes out to his family. I'm a grown man and cried my eyes out when I found out. We didn't know each other very well- I couldn't tell you much about his life but I can tell the type of person he is. SubZer0 was an incredible guy. From our very first conversation (which I still have for some reason) when he added me in November 2012, he displayed his great character. After a long discussion about different JCMP factions and his dislike of certain groups and people he came out with this:

00:41 - SubZer0: what do you suppose me to do?
00:42 - dab88: I do not like or dislike you- you're just a person on the internet living many miles away from me. It's best we drop the subject
00:44 - SubZer0: I don't think that'd settle the thoughts about our conversation. You're kinda making me reflect on the past events.

Our very first conversation and here he is telling me that he's gonna go away and self reflect on his actions. Reading it back I feel like such a douche for being so flippant about it all- I wish I'd taken it more seriously as he was doing. Over the next four years Sub and I played a lot of JC2MP together. We spent loads of time stunting together, exploring Panau and last year I asked him to help me with a project. I asked SubZer0 because I had absolute trust in his gaming ability and if he committed to helping, I knew he would see it through to the very end. The plan was to recreate the JC3 launch trailer entirely within JC2MP. After 3 months we finally achieved the goal and I have the greatest respect for him and cannot thank him enough for his time and efforts. I learned so much from him and his great qualities: his patience, dedication, ability to forgive, his humour (he had a habit of using C4 inappropriately!). It truly is a great loss and I'm gonna miss him a lot.

If anybody wants to talk about him or is maybe finding it difficult to deal with please reach out to somebody and chat about it. It's an important part of the grieving process and I'm available if anybody needs some support.

10/10 would waste another 4 years knowing you. I love you man.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:54:13 am by dab88 »

Philpax

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 02:33:59 pm »
Man, this is awful :( Just having this come out of left field... it really demonstrates how fickle life can be at times.

SubZer0 was a fantastic member of the community who was dedicated to great experiences for everyone; his time with PAROFED underlined that, and I'm glad to have played alongside him and talked to him. He left behind a great legacy, and it's up to us to make sure we maintain it well.

You'll be missed, SubZer0!

Huntyz

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 02:35:51 pm »
Well i'm really shocked to hear SubZer0 has passed away, what happend?

SubZer0 got me into factions and i had great fun playing with him in JC2MP, he was a great guy.

He will be missed  :'(

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:39:52 pm »
SubZer0 was one of the nicest and most dedicated fans of the Just Cause series and a pillar of the mp community. Road trips in jc2mp and soon in jc3mp won't be the same without him. He will be dearly missed.

m1cr0man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 03:44:16 pm »
I am truly devastated to hear this news...

I only knew SubZer0 as the cool headed leader of PAROFED that was able to get stuff done. He was always so relaxed and calm when leading the 200+ people around the map. I had huge respect for him in that regard. Sub had a great sense of humour too. He made so many little jokes throughout the road trips and really kept people entertained.

Overall the reason I'm so upset at the whole ordeal is the fact that I met so many of my current friends in this community through the road trips that he organised. He was also one of the first people from here that added me as a friend on Steam way back. I have tons of old footage on my PC from the road trips, and it's sad now to hear him talking to me through Teamspeak, trying to organise the pack of wolves that was the PAROFED group.

Now that Sub has reached the end of his biggest trip yet, I hope that everyone who was on for the ride will remember him.

TERWE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 05:54:32 pm »

MarkNL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 06:01:40 pm »
Thank you, Sub, for all the fun we've had on JC2MP and JC3MP. Your PAROFED and Prophet's CEF were the reasons I once started MI6 with which I've had a lot of fun together with many others, protecting roadtrips and such. Following you when in the roadtrip faction itself was a blast, on JC2MP and during the first JC3MP test. Those wingsuit trips were absolutely awesome. Though the many ruins along the way had to be investigated by me, like you once mentioned, haha!

Yes, a "haha" in a sad forum topic, but with a reason. As I know your one wish for everyone else would be to have fun.

You thanked us for being there in the last roadtrip during the first JC3MP test. You said you hoped to see us all again next time. Sadly this won't be the case. Though I am sure any future roadtrips will be in honour of you.

R.I.P. mate.
Rust zacht, maat. We denken aan je.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781312909
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781313072
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:14:32 pm by MarkNL »

Urik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 07:06:50 pm »
SubZer0 truly was one of the most impactful, passionate and dedicated jcmp members.
What he experienced, achieved and shared with many fellow players is simply priceless and I'm glad I knew him.
It was shocking and devastating to hear the sad news.
I've so very recently (like 2-3 weeks ago) had a chat with him when we reflected on our past in jcmp and assured each other we should meet again in jc3mp. So sad he won't be there anymore. I so wish I could have another good old Parofed trip with him.
Thank you for all your time and dedication, rest in peace, my friend.

One thing has occurred to me when browsing through these old screenshots from beta-tests - because people always gathered around him and followed him, on vast majority of the pictures he's always surrounded by a crowd of fellow players. Wasn't easy to find pictures where he is solo. Just showcases how great he was in communication and leading people.

Jessrabbit

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »
 This is very sad :(

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 10:37:04 pm »
I had the privilege of getting to know Sub over the last year. From one of the first times I talked to him, I was struck by his chill kindness. We also bonded over our common nationality.
Just several weeks ago, he expressed to me his excitement for jc3mp.
Je zal gemist worden maat.  :'(

Jeff

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 10:43:44 pm »
SubZer0 was a great friend and comrade to many of us. I can't believe it was only a few days ago that I was talking with him.
I had been hoping that we could've done more roadtrips but looks like this one we'll be riding without our great leader.

Rest in peace friend, you will be missed but never forgotten :'(

LordNoob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2016, 01:03:23 am »
It's always sad when a community loses one of its members, not least one such as SubZer0 who was so passionate and active in enriching the experience of others through community events.

May he rest in peace  :'(

misterff1

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2016, 10:37:03 am »
Okay so I just found out about this and I must say I was shocked when I heard the news. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Even though I did not know sub that well, he's definitely an icon to this community. He's been around almost from the start as mentioned and I recall that he used to drive around figuring out racetracks on my old freeroam fun server.
Of course his PAROFED roadtrips were also known and he was often on servers I worked for.
So I guess you can say I know him, just not personally.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family who I'm sure will have a hard time processing this loss.

Sub, you'll be missed man. I hope you are in a better place now.

Protonium

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
I still remember like it it was yesterday when I met SubZer0 the first time. It was in one of the first beta tests. I was driving around Panau when I ran into 40 people waiting at a junction south of the ski resort. When they all started driving together, I followed them and thought what a great community this is and that they most likely all know eachother and have played a lot together in other games. Later I realized that all this people have never met eachother before, it was SubZer0 who brought them all together. And he did this without spamming the chat or anything like that, just with his character. SubZer0 made a great gaming experience amazing and unique, amazing and unique like he was. I've played some organized events in other games before, but I've never met anybody who was even close to lead people in such a relaxed way, react to troublemakers with humor and still manage to control the crowd. Furthermore he always took the time for a chat, was very helpful and friendly, but it was the amount of characteristics that made him that unique.

I was really shocked when I've red the sad message and I was very surprised how concerned I was. I've never thought that this would ever happen by a person I "only" know throgh the internet. I can't imagine how hard this has to be for his family and people who have known him in real life. My thoughts are with you.
I am greatly thankful for all the years I've known him and for the by far best time I've ever had in a game.

I will always remember you SubZer0 and I won't just miss you when I play or think about Just Cause.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 02:25:54 pm by Protonium »