Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

The world of Panau is being remastered! Cooperative gameplay coming to JC2-MP https://t.co/Yp4qGMERXn https://t.co/ZnnA2rPGaL

3 weeks ago

May 25, 2017, 04:20:22 pm

Author Topic: 0.2.3 Release  (Read 2717 times)

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
0.2.3 Release
« on: October 23, 2016, 02:41:05 pm »
0.2.3 Released!

Available now on Steam

Bug Fixes

Client
  • Hopefully fixed the crashes that have plagued AMD users for many months. We have reported a solution and details surrounding the bug to AMD.
  • Fixed a bug on AMD cards where SSAO would cause rendering artifacts. It has now been re-enabled in the options window.
  • Fixed a bug where vehicle mounted guns rotation could become mirrored.
  • Fixed one of the most frequently encountered crashes relating to decals. It should now be safe to enable decals again!
  • Removed unsynced sentry turrets and cannons from the game.
  • Fixed a bug where a player would become stuck on a bike if they attempted to steal it while the driver was reversing.
  • Fixed a bug where vehicles could become invulnerable if repaired while about to explode.
  • Fixed a bug where certain bushes could crash the game when collided with as they lacked a collision mesh.
  • Fixed a bug where RakNet was unintentionally creating a listen socket on port 80.

New Features

Shared
  • Changed Firestarter achievement to require 1,000 kills instead of 3,000.
  • Changed Only Human achievement to spread virally. If you kill a player who has the achievement, you will also be granted it.

Client
  • Added EntityBulletHit event that triggers when the local player hits a Player or NPC with a bullet.
  • LocalPlayerExitVehicle now fires when the player's vehicle is removed while they were in it.
  • Added GetOutlineEnabled, SetOutlineEnabled, and SetOutlineColor to Characters and StaticObjects.

For server owners
Updating the server is not mandatory, but is recommended in order for the achievement changes to be properly reflected.

Note: a running changelog for each new version is maintained on the wiki, see here.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:20:50 pm by Trix »

Dev_34

• View Profile
Re: 0.2.3 Release
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:05:09 pm »
Woaw, this came out of nowhere.
Nice to have the new event for hit detection scripts and the outlines are really cool!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 06:18:35 pm by Dev_34 »

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:24:26 pm »
Hype!

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 01:41:13 am »
Excellent update but i just spotted something weird since i updated the server.

print(player:GetName() .. " Super Grappled for " .. distance .. "m")

it no longer prints the "m", anything after the last var is missed. It is like this with all scripts that print to the server and use .. " after the last var.

SinisterRectus

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 03:02:50 am »
Are you sure you're not doing something wrong? I just tested this on both Windows and Linux and it works. It's just a string concatenation, nothing about that should have changed.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 12:46:19 pm »
I apologize for being quick on the draw before thoroughly checking in to this. For some strange reason my logs are correct but my linux screen was filtering output. I have no clue as to why, as it just started to happen, maybe the system update i recently did, but as long as the logs are fine i can live with it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 03:21:00 am »
My stationary sub no longer has the machine guns since the removal of unsynced sentry turrets and cannons from the game. This is the sub that is spawned with the Game:FireEvent, the guns protect the desk inside the sub. Anyway to get them back?

Trix

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 07:25:28 pm »
My stationary sub no longer has the machine guns since the removal of unsynced sentry turrets and cannons from the game. This is the sub that is spawned with the Game:FireEvent, the guns protect the desk inside the sub. Anyway to get them back?
Unfortunately not. The turrets and cannons were removed as they resulted in desynchronised behaviour between clients and didn't have an "off" switch. You will have to spawn the objects and write shooting routines for them. This should be doable with the use of WorldNetworkObjects.

The models you'll need are weapons\wea32\wea32-a.lod and weapons\wea32\wea32-b.lod and the following effects, if you choose to go that detailed:
Code: [Select]
<value name="effect_id_beep" type="int">59</value>
<value name="effect_id_cool_down" type="int">56</value>
<value name="effect_id_explosion" type="int">369</value>
<value name="effect_id_turn" type="int">57</value>
<value name="effect_id_warm_up" type="int">55</value>

Darwood37

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 05:37:36 pm »
OK thanks.  :'(

Urik

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2016, 11:53:56 pm »
This is the sub that is spawned with the Game:FireEvent, the guns protect the desk inside the sub. Anyway to get them back?
Is there anything else cool/useful about that version of submarine compared to just a static object?
We need to update the wiki someday on the events that we found but ain't on the wiki yet.

Jman100

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 05:01:00 am »
This is the sub that is spawned with the Game:FireEvent, the guns protect the desk inside the sub. Anyway to get them back?
Is there anything else cool/useful about that version of submarine compared to just a static object?
We need to update the wiki someday on the events that we found but ain't on the wiki yet.

It's an easy way to spawn it fully, with doors, interior, and the side gun platforms, in it's proper place. You can also control the doors with game event 'km07.keypaddone'. Each time you fire it, it will either close or open the doors.