Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

4 months ago

September 19, 2017, 07:07:18 pm

Author Topic: Zebra3 Server Survival ( Fallen Civilization )  (Read 1153 times)

Starsky

• View Profile
Zebra3 Server Survival ( Fallen Civilization )
« on: January 22, 2017, 10:25:22 pm »
Hello everybody ! help us to do a good survival server cause it's a survival mod FC and SD maybe never comeback so enjoy ! thx to dev34 and friends   ;)

adam1305_

• View Profile
Re: Zebra3 Server Survival ( Fallen Civilization )
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 10:09:46 pm »
pretty sure most big coders have moved to jc3mp now. i've noticed player drops in jc2mp too. not entirely sure if there's much of a point in doing this tbh.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:10:39 pm by adam1305_ »

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:43:04 pm »
we just prefer jc2mp  jc3 is weird .. c'est une daube ! ;)

adam1305_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:45:16 pm »

it is up to you. good luck anyhow ;)

Reaganator

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 12:36:07 am »
I agree, JC3 is crap, indeed  ;)
Really enjoying playing on your server though. Would be nice to see a higher player count at times too......
Starsky, tell me, do you know if the "Submarine" was included in the script pack for the server? I only ask because I remember taking part in the trial when it was testing in FC and it would be fun to have on your server as well.

Lord_Farquaad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 01:52:23 am »
The submarine script was not included in the original script pack.  It was, however, included in pack #2.  This pack has not been released to the public.  The submarine script that was included was not finished and the submarines were not fully integrated into the server as items.  It would take more work to make the submarines fully integrated into the server.

Dev_34

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 12:34:30 pm »
I agree, JC3 is crap, indeed  ;)
Really enjoying playing on your server though. Would be nice to see a higher player count at times too......
Starsky, tell me, do you know if the "Submarine" was included in the script pack for the server? I only ask because I remember taking part in the trial when it was testing in FC and it would be fun to have on your server as well.

It warms my heart to hear someone asking about my submarine script almost a year after we had that crazy test on the original Fallen Civilization server  :)
It's definitely one of my favorite jc2mp creations and like LF said, it never made it into our survival world.

I've toyed with the idea of officially releasing it for a while, but, the code was written back when my style was a little more chaotic and there have always been small and personal criticisms that have stopped me from going through with a release. On top of that, I've always wondered who the hell would take the time to even look at a script like this, but I've been proven wrong on that front because there are currently three servers running Fallen Civilization code, and one of them is almost entirely translated in Russian!

The subs certainly deserve a proper release, but I'm not prepared for the level of scrutiny that is justly applied to such things. So what I'll do is throw the code of the submarine test on my Github and hope maybe someone will enjoy it. In case you're interested you can grab the code here.
This version is a stand-alone module that makes a PvE gamemode with submarines. No license, anyone has a right to use and modify in any way they please.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread somewhat Starsky!

Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 11:16:54 am »
i guys!!! sorry i was working on a film serie, if you want i can put the submarine and stuff you like just give me the link and how to do if it's hard to install, i'm exiting this game is amazing :)))