Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
June 05, 2020, 05:10:55 am

Author Topic: Computer freezes and Excessive crashes with 0.3.1 Update  (Read 1577 times)

kingzogan

• View Profile
Computer freezes and Excessive crashes with 0.3.1 Update
« on: June 10, 2017, 12:05:45 am »
Prior to the update I was able to run the game in a relatively stable manner (only occasional crashes).
But after the recent update, I find the mod crashing excessively often (15-20 times per hour) as well as less frequent system freezes that force me to power off the computer.

I've tried all the common fixes (disabling steam overlay, decals, verifying game integrity, reinstalling, updating video drivers) without a resolution. As such with a PC freeze, there is no way to tell exactly what causes this.

I understand this is an isolated issue, and that the update was implied to reduce crashes and bugs, but is there anything that the update changed that could be causing this issue? And if so, are there any resolutions to it?

On a note, the server that I connect to is backwards compatible. Is there any way to run a previous version of the mod, like 0.3.0, through steam?

Thanks in advance.