Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

December 17, 2018, 09:23:26 pm

Author Topic: problem with hosting on freebsd!  (Read 549 times)

hoobonceagain

• View Profile
problem with hosting on freebsd!
« on: September 29, 2018, 11:05:00 am »
hi, i am trying to host a jcmp2 server on freebsd using the tutorial.
i have ran into many issues, mainly with steamcmd.

Running FreeBSD 11.2 amd64.

The tutorial I followed:
https://wiki.jc-mp.com/Server/Getting_started/FreeBSD_Server

I will provide a brief summary of the many errors below.

Code: [Select]
net.cpp (1937) : Assertion Failed: Unable to set default socket options, error 22
net.cpp (1937) : Assertion Failed: Unable to set default socket options, error 22
OK

Steam>
Steam>force_install_dir nooben
Command not found: forceforce_install_dir

Steam>force_install_dir nooben

Steam>app_update 261140 validate
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '261140' state is 0x2 after update job.

Steam>net.cpp (1937) : Assertion Failed: Unable to set default socket options, error 22

Steam>app_update 261140 validate
 Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Error! App '261140' state is 0x2 after update job.

Steam>

For those who will inevitably say "lol just use linux", I am on FreeBSD for a reason.
I use this VPS for other things that require freebsd, also they will charge me to install another os and I really cannot afford that as I am very poor.
Not to mention that I need this os for other services..

SinisterRectus

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: problem with hosting on freebsd!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 10:36:06 pm »
FreeBSD is not officially supported. That guide was community written and may be outdated.