Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

2 years ago

Advertisement
November 12, 2019, 02:31:20 am

Author Topic: Suggestion For The Servers  (Read 2088 times)

Luke10x

• View Profile
Suggestion For The Servers
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:01:39 am »
I was thinking that later in the mod, that we can host our own public and private servers for the just cause 2 multiplayer mod. It would be cool, if it could just be you and your friends in a private server, so I hope the developers let us have this.

MrSparkles

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion For The Servers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:09:04 am »
people will be able to make there own servers whenever a full version is released and you will be able to play it with your own friends

Shinglinator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:12:59 am »
YES!

I think that would be a great idea,

HOWEVER:

that would mean the devs would not be able to monitor everybody's errors and questions as they'd have to hop from server to server.

Even in late beta, that would be a large stretch for them.

They have said dedicated servers will be available in the final release, though, so it won't be much longer after then.

>)

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 11:14:39 am »
Well, yeah. The mod is non-proft, so I don't see why renting free servers privately would be much of an issue.

jaug1337

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:16:27 am »
I agree.

Or a small donation like 2$ should make the servers issue resolved too.

Oz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 12:12:57 pm »
I was thinking that later in the mod, that we can host our own public and private servers for the just cause 2 multiplayer mod. It would be cool, if it could just be you and your friends in a private server, so I hope the developers let us have this.
Pretty sure that'd be the long-term objective of this mod. The best way to get the mod to grow in popularity and quality is to give the community the tools they need to get creative and develop their own content for people to play with.