Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

4 years ago

Advertisement
December 01, 2020, 01:00:18 am

Author Topic: Partially allow "dropzone"  (Read 2874 times)

MrQWERTYU

• View Profile
Partially allow "dropzone"
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:33:41 pm »
Why not allow the owners of servers to use the files "dropzone"? Make the "Use Modifications" function in the server config. You could also make filters .blz, .bin, or .eez. For example, you do not want the .bin files to be used on the server - you take it and disconnect it, but others will work.

I'm like a person who has almost 1500 hours and the owner of the server would like to see the function, since I was already bored with the original models of transport, character and so on.

And believe me, I'm not the only one who wants to see this. And maybe this will even a little revitalize the client.

It is due to this and SAMP is more popular MTA, because it's good when the game can be customized to suit your tastes. But here in SAMP there are no filters for modification and that's why there are cheating modifications.

I hope that you will implement this. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:40:08 pm by MrQWERTYU »

Kesarion

• View Profile
Re: Partially allow "dropzone"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:29:53 pm »
Im no dev but here are a few reasons
Why not allow the owners of servers to use the files "dropzone"? Make the "Use Modifications" function in the server config. You could also make filters .blz, .bin, or .eez. For example, you do not want the .bin files to be used on the server - you take it and disconnect it, but others will work.

Dropzone folder is meant in the original game for modifications.This creates a few problems:

Loosing synchronization - the server has no idea what the client is doing.
how do you deal with people with a huge variety of mods?

I'm like a person who has almost 1500 hours and the owner of the server would like to see the function, since I was already bored with the original models of transport, character and so on.

I dont know you and your tastes but the main problem is the lack of original game mods.From what I know there is only 1 role play server -- RLS.Most of the others are freroam style with some mods.

It is due to this and SAMP is more popular MTA, because it's good when the game can be customized to suit your tastes. But here in SAMP there are no filters for modification and that's why there are cheating modifications.

The kind of modifications that can be done in JC2 MP are mind boggling since there is direct access to the game files(sounds, textures,collision files, game events ). The server allows complete control of the player and game enviroment.

Cheating happens.Even Billion dollar companies  like Rockstar EA UBISOFT cant really stop the cheaters.

SinisterRectus

• JC2-MP Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:09:36 am »
Almost everything that you can do with dropzone mods can be recreated or closely emulated with the scripting API, with the benefit of knowing exactly what assets your clients are using.

Kesarion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 02:28:40 pm »
from what i"ve seen in some servers they can retexture cars and such.I assume this is what he meant.