Currently the developers are putting their own money into JC2-MP to keep the servers online.

Please take a few seconds of your time and disable your AdBlock plugin for our website.

Ad revenue is not going to developers, it is used purely for covering our hosting costs.

You are also free to donate, which removes all ads from our website!

Patch 0.3 was just released! Full changelog here: https://t.co/4A50m6IKen

3 years ago

Advertisement
December 05, 2019, 08:58:01 pm

Author Topic: Just Cause 2 List of Empty Seats  (Read 12400 times)

crescentfresh

• Donator
    • View Profile
Re: Just Cause 2 FULL LUA Vehicles Showcase Demonstration Part 1
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 08:15:56 pm »
...Misleading title.... :-\

I thought this was going to be an actual showcase of vehicle mods that had been scripted using Lua, not a showcase of possibilities of the vanilla vehicles.

I agree. There is no demonstration, just observations saying that there are empty seats.

mandella644

• View Profile
Re: Just Cause 2 List Of Empty Seats
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »
...Misleading title.... :-\

I thought this was going to be an actual showcase of vehicle mods that had been scripted using Lua, not a showcase of possibilities of the vanilla vehicles.

I agree. There is no demonstration, just observations saying that there are empty seats.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:09:32 pm by mandella644 »

MrMister

• View Profile
Re: Just Cause 2 List of Empty Seats
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 02:05:37 pm »
I vote for TWO additional shooter seats on the back of the big ATV.

Though, to be honest, it could be made a single stunt position.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 04:35:54 pm »
I have a question for the developers.

On the home page of your website, one of the alternating screenshots is one of the developers/beat testers sitting in a boat with Trix. How did you guys manage to do that? Did Trix have to type in some code to enter the second position, which can normally not be accessed by player?

Sable

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 01:31:13 am »

On the home page of your website, one of the alternating screenshots is one of the developers/beat testers sitting in a boat with Trix. How did you guys manage to do that? Did Trix have to type in some code to enter the second position, which can normally not be accessed by player?

I also really want to know this, a friend and myself spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to get both of us sitting into a boat with no luck!

jaxm

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 03:32:51 am »

For the screenshot where you see the two Rico's sitting in the boat, the picture is taken from my perspective. Trix is in the driver seat, I am in the passenger seat. Most of the speedboats like that one have functioning passenger seats, they're however a little difficult to enter. The reason for this is that the driver seat on the boats is made to be so easy to get into that it overlaps the passenger seats enter seat space.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 03:48:08 am »

For the screenshot where you see the two Rico's sitting in the boat, the picture is taken from my perspective. Trix is in the driver seat, I am in the passenger seat. Most of the speedboats like that one have functioning passenger seats, they're however a little difficult to enter. The reason for this is that the driver seat on the boats is made to be so easy to get into that it overlaps the passenger seats enter seat space.

So how exactly did you get in? Did you enter some LUA code?

jaxm

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 03:55:14 am »
I entered in the usual way, pressing E on the passenger side of the boat. Those screenshots are from a  very old build, there was no Lua implemented at that time. Like I said before, the seats are there in the standard game, they're just difficult to use.  :)

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 04:24:30 am »
I entered in the usual way, pressing E on the passenger side of the boat. Those screenshots are from a  very old build, there was no Lua implemented at that time. Like I said before, the seats are there in the standard game, they're just difficult to use.  :)

Okay, thank you for explaining. I hope you guys end up working on the vehicle positions in the future. It would also be really helpful for the Panauan Taxi Service if we could say, load four men into one 4-seated Chippewa, MV Command, or Sugga.

jaxm

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 05:14:05 am »
It would also be really helpful for the Panauan Taxi Service if we could say, load four men into one 4-seated Chippewa, MV Command, or Sugga.

http://i.imgur.com/31Xjy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WmYjn.jpg ;D

These are by no means implemented and may or may not be present in the next beta. The screenshots were taken while I was working out how to re-enable the already present seats in the military vehicles which as you mentioned before, are usually only utilized by the AI in singleplayer.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:00 am »
It would also be really helpful for the Panauan Taxi Service if we could say, load four men into one 4-seated Chippewa, MV Command, or Sugga.

http://i.imgur.com/31Xjy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WmYjn.jpg ;D 

These are by no means implemented and may or may not be present in the next beta. The screenshots were taken while I was working out how to re-enable the already present seats in the military vehicles which as you mentioned before, are usually only utilized by the AI in singleplayer.

So I'm assuming the only way you could make this work would be by writing a trigger that basically makes it so that when you press 'E' when you are next to a normal player-accessible seat that is already taken by another player, your character will run the walk quicktime and walk around the vehicle (as a follow [destination=player] AI would do) to the next available vehicle position and get into the seat. 

This is normally done by bots, though, so I'm not sure if finding the next available seat is the same as the 'walk over to the seat that had 'E' floating above it when you pressed E' enter vehicle quicktime. 

jaxm

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 06:23:24 am »
It's actually much more simple than that, each seat is independent of one another; you could sit in the back left or right seat regardless of whether or not the front seats are taken, so as the screenshot of the heli indicates, you can see the 'E' over the back right hand seat, rather than the front seat. The only difference between the seats is that whomever built the vehicles made it so that the player couldn't interact with the back seats, I merely re-enabled the interface so that you can enter them like the front passenger seat.

However the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread of me sitting in the passenger seat of the Pell Silverbolt was my test of trying to add additional seats to vehicles. By default the Pell Silverbolt doesn't have a passenger seat, I actually replicated the passenger seat from the Cassius and repositioned it manually on the Pell Silverbolt.

mandella644

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:02 am »
Sorry, I didn't see the 'E' above the passenger seat the first time. I'm on an iPod, so the images are smaller. :)

That's really awesome that you managed to do all those things. With these capabilities, I was just wondering why the extra vehicle positions  feature won't be in the next beta test. Are you planning on expanding and adding more positions to most of the vehicles (like the ones in my list) or is there some other hard work scripting that must be tackled first?

Edit: P.S. - Where is that image of you in the passenger seat of the Pell? I can't seem to find where you posted it.

Edit again: Just found it. How blind I can be. Also, I would've congratulated you on your work on the first image, but I didn't notice the different position, because again, I'm on an iPod.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:46:59 am by mandella644 »

MrMister

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 10:11:02 am »
Me and a random guy named Google used the boat passanger seat feature in one of the first betas.

buddah

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 10:31:54 am »
This is exciting news  8)